Eeducational perspectives in Russia
Our education guides
Dnepropetrovsk » Kiev » Donetsk » Luhansk » Rostov-on-Don » Krasnodar » Perm » Ufa » Kazan
We are glad to invite you to take part in our new West Road Show 2013.
Please note that the fair will include 2 countries of Ex-USSR – Russia and Ukraine.
Before making the decision about participation we would like briefly describe the cities to be visited:
1) Dnepropetrovsk is Ukraine's fourth largest city, with about one million inhabitants.It is located southeast of Ukraine's capital Kiev. Dnepropetrovsk is a major industrial centre of Ukraine. It has several facilities devoted to heavy industry that produce a wide range of products, including cast-iron, rolled metal, pipes, machinery, different mining combines, agricultural equipment, tractors, trolleybuses, refrigerators, different chemicals and many others
2) Kiev is the capital of the Ukraine with the population of more than 3 million people and is the biggest city of the country. For the first time in the history of Road Shows we’ll conduct the SI Educational Fair for two days in a row in the city. In Kiev we have the head office for Ukraine with a well-trained and experienced staff providing all other Ukrainian representatives with the support and assistance in students’ recruitment.
3) Donetsk is a large city in eastern Ukraine on the Kalmius river. Administratively, it is a center of Donetsk Oblast, while historically, it is the unofficial capital and largest city of the economic and cultural Donets Basin (Donbass) region.Donetsk currently has a population of over 982.000 inhabitants (2010) and has a metropolitan area of over 1,566,000 inhabitants (2004). According to the 2001 Ukrainian Census, Donetsk is the fifth-largest city in Ukraine.
4) Luhansk is one of the biggest cities in Donbass region (region of coal extraction and coal process industry) in Ukraine with the population of 516 000 people. The most dynamic and developing companies of coal process industry in Luhansk are "Luhanskugol" and "Atlantis". The city is also famous in Ukraine as a big centre of mechanical engineering industry and light industry. The increasing number of requests and students sent for studies abroad for the last year gave us the idea to conduct a fair in the city.
5) Rostov-on-Don is considered as the capital of the South of Russia with the population of more than 1 million people. In the city we have one of the oldest and one of the most experienced representative offices of SI. The staff of SI Rostov-on-Don has visited almost all the countries which are the main destinations for study abroad programs. Moreover, there is a British visa centre covering for South of Russia Also, there is an airport with both domestic and international flights carried out.
6) Krasnodar is one of the biggest cities of the Southern Administrative Region in Russia with the population of more than 720 000 people. It is one of the main agricultural centres in Russia. There are many universities and polytechnic institutes in Krasnodar. As one of the attractive point, the close distance (2 hours by car) to Sochi can be equally considered. Sochi 2014 will host the next Winter Olympic Games after Vancouver 2010.
7) Perm is a city and the administrative center of Perm Krai, Russia, located on the banks of the Kama River in the European part of Russia near the Ural Mountains. Perm is a scientific center; some of the scientific institutes are combined in the Perm Scientific Center of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. As of the 2010 Census, the city was the thirteenth most populous in Russia.
8) Ufa is the capital of Bashkortostan republic. The city is considered as the biggest centre of petroleum process industry with the population of 1 million people. The government of Bashkortostan pursues an active educational policy and successfully grants with scholarships for studies abroad young university graduates or young specialists holding BA degrees for their further studies in MA programs.
9) Kazan is the capital and largest city of the Republic of Tatarstan, Russia. With a population of 1,143,535, it is the eighth most populous city in Russia. In April 2009, the Russian Patent Office granted Kazan the right to brand itself as the "Third Capital" of Russia. Kazan is one of the largest industrial and financial centers of Russia, and a leading city of the Volga economic region in construction and accumulated investment. City's Gross Regional Product had reached 380 billion rubles in 2011
Please also note that in all of those cities we have our offices or our partners who will be responsible for the "follow-up” procedure after the event.
The cost of participation includes rent of exhibition venues, accommodation at hotels (single room, B&B), SI Gala Dinner in each city, airport transfers, interpreting and advertisement.
The cost for taking part in every city is (in EURO):
Please, note that the prices for the tickets are the matter of change. We will let you know the exact prices for domestic tickets after them to get issued.
Please, find the APPROX cost of transportation below (in EURO):
Please, advise what cities you are going to take part in. You are more than welcome to represent your educational institution in each of the cities, or optionally you can choose the most interesting ones for you on the topic of more successful recruitment. We kindly ask you to confirm your decision to join our Road Show by January 7, 2013.
Please, note that in March we will arrange another traditional Road Show in the Far East of Russia. The information about this event is available on our web-site www.si-exhibition.ru.
Thank you in advance for your assistance and hope to see you soon!